In this eleventh instalment of Talking VoIP with Datagate, Mark Loveys is joined by telecommunication industry experts, Matt LaHood and Joe Solana of CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) to chat about the new infrastructure bill, subsidy opportunities, and what it all means for MSPs and service providers.
- The federal government is looking to partner with telecom carriers to support change within the US by spreading broadband and building infrastructure. There is a lot of money to be taken advantage of from the telecom side.
- $65 billion is being funnelled into four major grant areas related to the telecom industry:
- Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment Program – funding amount $42.5 billion
- Middle Mile Broadband Infrastructure – funding amount $1 billion
- Competitive Grant Programs for Digital Equity – funding amount $2.75 billion
- Broadband Affordability – funding amount $14.2 billion
- The ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) has the easiest entry for MSPs and telecom providers.
- If you want to apply for these grants or funds, consider the following:
- Grant writing, application, and grant management are time consuming
- Be prepared for the federal government to perform audits at least once a year
- Use NLAD to claim reimbursements for Lifeline eligible customers
For more information on the infrastructure bill and how you can take advantage of these programs, watch the full episode below!
About our guests
Matt and Joe are telecommunication specialist principals of CLA, the 8th largest accounting firm in the US. Matt and Joe previously founded GSA, a specialist telecom tax compliance consultancy who merged with CLA in 2020.
PS: Don’t miss another podcast – subscribe to our YouTube channel today!